Your master bathroom should only be described by words like relaxing, oasis, getaway, and elegant. Unfortunately, the master bathroom is generally the last room transformed when remodeling a house because it’s not a room guests typically see. Who ever said you don’t deserve nice things to enjoy for yourself? At Elite Improvements, we believe you should invest in yourself! Here are some elegant additions to make your master bathroom a luxurious spa getaway!
- Dimming lights. Variant lighting allows you to change up the atmosphere in your bathroom for whatever you need for that moment! You can keep it bright when you’re doing your hair or makeup, and turn it down when you’re ready to unwind with a long bath and a glass of wine.
- Rainfall showerhead. Adding a rainfall shower in addition to a traditional showerhead is a great way to indulge and unwind when bathes aren’t your forte. The second showerhead makes sure that you’re always warm no matter where you’re standing in the shower. If your shower allows, adding in additional body jets takes your shower up to a whole new level.
- Heated towel bar. This may seem like an unnecessary extravagance, but this simple addition adds one extra touch of luxury.
- Use small tiles in the shower. While using larger tiles may seem like a better and easier choice, using smaller tiles adds extra grip to your tile floor to prevent slipping and falling!
- Add heated flooring. There are few things worse than getting out of a warm shower and stepping on to freezing cold tile. Adding in heated flooring isn’t as big of an investment as you may think and it can completely transform your bathroom!
- Opt for neutral permanent fixtures. Like we already said, a master bathroom is the last thing on most people’s minds when it comes to remodeling, so it doesn’t get renovated often. To help keep things fresh, use neutral tones for paint colors, countertops, and tiles so that updating to fit the latest trends and your new style is as easy as fresh towels and wall art!
- Bigger isn’t always better. When it comes to bathtubs and showers, large and elaborate designs are becoming a thing of the past. If you choose to include a bathtub, look for a deeper option that takes up less square footage. When it comes to a shower remember that the larger it is the more it takes to heat it up. Your warmth in the shower comes from the water, if you have too much space a draft will make your shower a little less luxurious.
- Choose an elongated toilet. Choosing a toilet may not be something you would normally give much thought to, but you’d be surprised at the amount of time you spend on your toilet! Take the time to pick one that works for your space and is comfortable (because a comfortable toilet matters!).
Your bathroom should never be an afterthought. When creating a renovation budget, give yourself room to create a designated space for you to get away from kids, pets, chores, and to take five minutes and relax. Not only will this improve your day to day life, it will also help your resale value if you ever decide to sell your home! If you’re ready to invest in your own piece of heaven, contact Elite Improvement at 262-716-6663 today to get started with a free consultation.