Following a global pandemic, people have come to appreciate their own space just a little more! Basements have a bad reputation of being cold, dark, and creepy when they are a great way to add entertainment space to your home! There are endless options on how to best utilize your basement! Here are some of our favorites!
- Home Theater. A home theater may seem like an extravagant addition, but you would be surprised at how attainable a home theater really is! All you need is some comfy couches, a projector, a screen, and some of your favorite things and you have the perfect spot for all of the family movie nights!
- Home Bar. Whether you’re a bourbon aficionado, enjoy a tall refreshing beer, or just want a delicious smoothie, a home bar is a great way to bring friends and family together for any occasion! Pick a fun theme if that’s what you like, or work with our designers on any design you can dream of!
- Game room. A basement game room is an obvious option, but we feel it’s one of the best! Throw in a card table, board games, and billiards and you have the perfect recipe for so many new memories!
- Bonus living space. Converting your basement to a small apartment is perfect for older children, older parents, and guests. Adding a small kitchenette, bathroom, and bedroom is a great way to give space and independence while still sharing a home. As always, we will adhere to all legal requirements for basement living spaces like windows, exits, and ceilings.
- Home Gym. A home gym is a great way to save money in the long run without having to pay for a monthly membership, and you’ll find you actually work out more if you just have to walk downstairs instead of getting in the car and going somewhere else!
- Office Space. Now more than ever companies and employees are doing away with traditional office spaces and are choosing to operate remotely. This means people are suddenly looking for extra space in their home for a designated office space and your basement is the perfect space!
- Hobby Room. After spending more time at home, most Americans have picked up extra hobbies like sewing, crafting, music, drawing, or numerous other new activities and it has quickly taken over their kitchen table or living room floor! Using your basement as a hobby space gets everything out of the way without having to pack everything up every time you’re done!
If you have unused basement space and want that to change, contact Elite Improvement today to get started on a custom basement renovation in Southeastern Wisconsin!